Thursday, March 24, 2011
Tsunami in Hawaii
It was a Thursday night and our nephew, David, and his wonderful wife, Wendy, and boys, Dallin and Dane, were visiting us. The phone rang and one of our neighbors, also a senior missionary,told us to turn on the news because a tsunami was headed towards Hawaii. The next few hours were spent learning about the news of the terrible destruction in Japan and the tsunami warning for Hawaii. AT 2am, we went to the Turtle Bay Hotel down the street from us and joined other people in the hallway of one of the floors. We were grateful that our island was not hit hard and that we could return to our condo safely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an interesting experience. I bet the Myers made it so much more fun. I love David's shirt "Hawaii Tsunami Survivor." That's hilarious.
Merle, I think that it's awesome you have posted as much as you have on this blog. I want to nudge you to keep it up. You'll be grateful you have this to look back on. It's easier and cleaner than making a scrapbook of your mission and it's fun for all of us to see pictures and hear of what you're up to :)
Love,
Natalie
Post a Comment